Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40210)
The Certificate IV in Fitness provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of activities and functions within the fitness industry, including working independently in a broad range of settings, such as within fitness centres, gyms, pools, community facilities and in open spaces. Those with this level of competency will be expected to train individual clients, on a one-on-one basis and in groups, and may include older clients and children. Persons with this level of competency will have the ability to plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training, provide leadership and guidance to clients and other staff and possibly deal with unpredictable situations. Exercise Trainers will have the ability to monitor and manage business activities to operate efficiently and profitably.
Students will gain the benefit of experience throughout their course with an integrated work placement component (a minimum of 120 hours) that:
- Strengthens experience of the workplace to support future expectations of performance in the workforce
- Develops practical skills and the application of knowledge within the workplace to promote stronger embedding of learning
- Provides exposure to real workplace situations and circumstances which cannot be replicated in a learning environment or through simulation
The Certificate IV in Fitness consists of the following learning clusters:
- Assessing Fitness Clients
- Addressing the Needs of Fitness Clients
- Assisting Fitness Clients to Achieve Their Goal
- Nutritional Planning for Fitness Clients
- Planning and Delivering Basic Fitness Programs
- Planning and Delivering Advanced Fitness Programs
- Planning and Delivering Specialised Fitness Programs
- Planning and Promoting a Fitness Business
- Emergency First Aid
- Safety in a Fitness Context
This course is delivered to students enrolled in VCE or VCAL as part of a school based traineeship. If you are ineligible to undertake our Certificate IV in Fitness, we recommend you look into our Diploma of Fitness Coaching, Australia’s only fitness coaching diploma and entirely unique to Sage Institute of Fitness.
For full course details and further information about the personal training courses offered by Sage Institute of Fitness, please download our Course Information Flyer:
Get started with your new career in Fitness! Call now on 1300 664 664.
Sage Institute of Fitness – it’s more than a job, it’s a rewarding career.